Privacy and Cookies Notice
Tricel (Gloucester) Limited T/A Meter Boxes Direct, is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in connection with using this website. By visiting meterboxesdirect, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
This policy explains how we may use the information we collect about you.
1. When buying goods from us, we need to know some basics, including your name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number. We will not use this information to contact you other than to update you on the status of your order. The only other time that we will contact you is with the welcome email you will receive when you create your account with us. Your contact information is not shared with any third parties.
2. We wish to only maintain accurate and up to date information. You can check and amend all the information we currently hold about you by logging into your account and making any necessary changes.
3. When purchasing from us using our online facility, Paypal processes the transaction, we do not store your credit information or have access to this information. However, if you place your order with us over the phone/fax/email, we may use Paypal's Virtual Terminal to process the transaction, we will then need to have your credit card information to put through the payment.
6. Like many other websites, this website utilises cookies. Cookies are small files of data that are transfered to your computer through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as permanent shopping carts for storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of meterboxesdirect's features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
7. Use of this website is subject to and implies acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
A cookie is a small text file that we store on your device.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping basket.
Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. Please note that certain cookies may start from the moment you visit our website.
You can manage your cookies at any time through your browser settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access parts of our website. For more information on cookies and how to change your browser settings please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.